It seems that I’m constantly inspired by a million different things that seep into my brain, down into my heart, and out into my music. In no particular order, here are some of my inspirations…
1) Jonny D., for producing the first B.Sue EP Moon Whales and constant support of my musical endeavors.
2) Travels out of the country (Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, Budapest, Chile) and in our own city of Denver. It might be a cute old man sitting on a park bench eating a Happy Meal or the sound of the Paris train station.
3) My mom! When I was a little girl, my mom sang to me constantly. I do believe that this has had a huge effect on me and my desire to make music.
4) Musicals! I’m a sucker for them! My favorites being The Sound of Music, Grease 2, and Chicago!
5) Bands! I love CocoRosie and their process that they make music. I once read that they recorded an album in the bathroom! I’m also a HUGE fan of Daniel Johnston, Weezer, The Beastie Boys, Tribe Called Quest, Lemon Jelly, and Prefuse 73 just to name a few.
This list will continue to grow as long as I keep being inspired…